In order to better align our teams to the activities they support, we have transitioned the Space and Capital Resources team's reporting structure. Space management staff now report to Vice Provost, Strategic Academic and Facilities Planning Andrew Szeri; capital approval staff now report to Vice Chancellor, Real Estate Bob Lalanne; and financial management and federal costing staff continue to report to me. All three groups continue to be steadfastly committed to supporting the teaching, research, and public service mission of UC Berkeley.
- Coordinated the creation of the Capital Projects Committee, which prepares yearly updates to the 10-year capital plan and individual case analyses for major capital projects
- Drove the formation of the Capital Renewal Committee, which identifies and prioritizes capital renewal and infrastructure needs, including the formulation of an annual program of investments
- Established campus space guidelines and cost benefit rates
- Initiated the classroom incentive program
- Led UC Berkeley to be awarded the largest indirect cost recovery increase in campus history
While the name Space and Capital Resources will change, we look forward to the staff's continuing positive impacts in their new team assignments.